We get asked about trees a lot. Generally, trees that are not doing well lose their leaves at the top first when the rest of the tree looks healthy. This problem can be corrected with some love and care from an Arborist. If a tree is losing its bark unexpectedly, please have an arborist look at it. There is a chance it is treatable. If half a tree looks dead, it is probably time to remove it. If a tree is splitting, it is time to remove it. If a tree is growing mushrooms on the side out of the trunk, it could be serious and it is definitely time to cut it down.
Keep your tree smelling and looking good with these easy steps:
1. Make sure to have an inch cut off the bottom of the tree when you buy it. It allows the tree to take in water better.
2. Use a stand that holds at least a gallon of water.
3. Trees could take up several quarts a day in the first week they are put up. Check the stand every few hours.
4. Do not let the water level go below the base of the tree. It will seal over which prevents it from taking in water.
5. Keep your water natural. Adding things to “keep your tree fresh” do not work. 100% water is your best option.